Last summer, my first summer in California, I worked waaaay too much and didn’t enjoy the gorgeous weather and laid back atmosphere of Santa Cruz nearly enough. This year I plan to correct that… especially since my bestie Cheryl lives here now!
1. Birthday at the Boardwalk - I’m turning 27, but I’d like to spend it more like I’m turning 7.
Sub-category bucket list for the Boardwalk:
- Eat cotton candy
- Ride the Giant Dipper at least 5 times
- Laser Tag
- Beat Brent at Skeeball
- Lunch on the beach
- Get soaked on the log ride
- Avoid getting a sun burn
2. Read at least 6 books – I’ve got to put a dent in the collection I have piling up at home.
3. Try a new recipe once every week (and add to my recipe scrapbook)
4. Go camping in Big Sur - the more friends that join, the better!
5. Take a road trip – I’d like to explore the northern coast of California
6. Go wine tasting – It’s really a crime that I haven’t done this yet
7. Attend a concert – I already have this one planned… Outsidelands 2012! :)
8. Visit the Santa Cruz Museum of Art & History - I’d love to see the All You Need Is Love exhibit
9. Visit the Land of Medicine Buddha - particularly to learn the art of meditation
10. Master at least 1 song on my ukulele – playing and singing at the same time… this really hurts my head.
11. Host an outdoor party at my cottage – already planned a succulent frame planting party!
12. Create a new chocolate candy recipe
13. Visit all of the nearby California missions
14. Go out dancing
15. Paint a picture